Compliance with FSMA Seminar
Learn about FSMA requirements, FSMA VQIP and FSMA FSVP certification and certification process for your food products to be imported into the United States swiftly.
Oct 31, 2019, 08:00
Oct 31, 2019, 12:00
Shah Alam, Malaysia
This seminar will provide you with an overview of FSMA requirements, FSMA VQIP and FSMA FSVP certification and certification process, in order to get the imported food products onto retail shelves quickly, simplify foreign supplier audit process and to prevent rejection of entry at US ports.
FSMA VQIP CERTIFICATION
The FSMA Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP) is designed to help importers and their suppliers comply with the requirements of both the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and the VQIP. It is issued for the purposes of the FSMA Accredited Third Party Certification Program (TPP) rule - covering the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) official third party certification of foreign suppliers.
VQIP certification confirms that a facility complies with the applicable food safety requirements of the FD&C Act and FDA regulations and enables the swift entry of imported food products into the US.
FSMA FSVP CERTIFICATION
Foreign suppliers exporting food to the US can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of FSMA with SGS’s voluntary FSMA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) certification scheme. FSMA FSVP certification also allows suppliers to simplify their auditing obligations with one comprehensive scheme, all fully accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Working with a FSMA FSVP certified supplier will simplify the process for US importers, enabling them to reduce the time and effort required to verify supplier’s compliance with the US regulations.
At the end of the seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic framework of FSMA
- Understand the importance of developing, implementing and maintaining a FSMA compliant food safety plan
- Get the latest update of the current food safety and security issues
- Gain knowledge of the best practices in food safety and security management
WHY FSMA VQIP AND FSMA FSVP CERTIFICATIONS?
- Food entering the US can be released immediately, fast-tracking the two to seven-day release process regularly experienced at US ports
- Help brand promotion by demonstrating compliance with US FDA food safety requirements
- Create new opportunities for those looking to expand their export activities to the US
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Managers and key personals responsible for food safety plan within their facilities
- Companies importing food or planning to import food into the United States
RM250 (Excluding 6% SST)
HRDF claimable under SBL scheme
For more information on the seminar or to register, please contact SGS Academy at +603 7627 0080 or email email@example.com