Life Sciences Amino Acid Analysis
Amino Acid Analysis is a vital tool at all stages of drug discovery and throughout the manufacturing process, where it is used to ensure consistency between drug batches. It is also a key part of the ICH Q6B guidelines in support of new marketing applications. As such, it is important that when you outsource analysis you know you are placing work into a safe and experienced pair of hands.
Amino Acid Analysis can be used for:
- Protein concentration calculations and characterization
- Determination of extinction coefficient
- Total amino acids, including cysteine, tryptophan, and hydroxyproline
- Free amino acids, including asparagine and glutamine
- Carry out an optical density measurement and analyze peptide or protein content and molar ratio using reverse-phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC)
- Couple this process with UV spectrophotometry to determine the extinction coefficient
SGS has world-class expertise in (glycol) protein analysis. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity and are committed to providing the best services in our class to all of our clients.
Contact SGS today to discover how we can help with your amino acid analysis.