ISO/TS 16949 New Revision Transition Notice
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) is in the process of revising the existing ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard to align it with the latest ISO 9001:2015. The target date for completion of the new automotive quality standard is December 2016. Below are some of the key points pertaining the transition process to the new standard.
- All organizations currently certified to ISO/TS 16949:2009 shall successfully transition by 14th September 2018.
- An organization has 2 options by which to transition:
- Transition within their current ISO/TS 16949:2009 audit cycle, i.e. at the next planned surveillance or recertification audit
- Transition at anytime, i.e. outside the normal surveillance and recertification audit cycle
- The transition audit shall be the duration of a recertification audit, plus an additional 0.5 - 1 day on site.
- Upon successful completion of the transition process, the organization shall be issued a new certificate with a three (3) year minus one (1) day validity period. A new certificate and audit cycle shall then commence.
To know more on the transition plan, please click here.
Contact us today to learn more on ISO/TS 16949 certification.