SGS Launches eLearning Courses on the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and the In Vitro Diagnostic Regulation (IVDR)
Both the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and the In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Regulation (IVDR) were published in the EU Official Journal on May 5, 2017, and formally came into force on May 25, 2017. Medical device manufacturers have a three-year transition period for MDR while IVDR has a five-year transition period
To help medical device and in vitro diagnostic device manufacturers with the complexity of the new regulations, we have developed eLearning courses introducing the key changes and implications. These courses also enable you to understand how these regulations affect your organization.
When asked about the impact of these courses, Laurent Corbaz, SGS Global Head of Training, said: "SGS Academy strives to develop courses that bring value to our learners and their respective organizations. The development of these eLearning courses aim to deliver a comprehensive and modern approach to understand the complexity of these regulations and to equip and further improve the safety and transparency of the manufacturers and the medical devices they produce."
- An overview of the new regulation
- The key changes you need to be aware of
- What EU MDR and EU IVDR means in practice
- Where you can find further information
- A quiz to test your knowledge
Each course will provide participants with an overview of the critical changes in relation to the new regulations, along with the implementation timescales.
Other eLearning Courses
SGS Academy also offers other eLearning courses allowing you to participate from any location, at a time to suit you, and from a variety of different devices.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System - Introduction eLearning Course
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System - Introduction eLearning Course
- FSSC 22000 v4.1 Food Safety Systems Certification - Introduction eLearning Course
- Understanding US FDA Food and Allergen Labeling Requirements eLearning Course
- IATF 16949:2016 Automotive Quality Management System – Introduction eLearning Course
- Human Rights Awareness eLearning Course
If you would like to learn more about these elearning courses or any other SGS Academy service, please contact:
Certification and Business Enhancement, SGS Malaysia
Phone: +603 2095 9200
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.