SGS Introduces Industry 4.0 Solution Services
WHAT IS INDUSTRY 4.0?
Industry 4.0 is the fourth in the line of industrial revolutions. The first industrial revolution began with the mechanization of the manufacturing and processing industry. The second revolution was the introduction of electricity and steel for mass production. The third was the rise of electronics and information technology to automate production.
The fourth industrial revolution or Industry 4.0 is the digitisation of production or manufacturing based industries with the integration of cyber physical system into manufacturing technologies. It transforms and creates the whole manufacturing process – the smart factory, that are not only interconnected, but communicate, analyse and use information to drive productivity, improve efficiency and eliminate human errors.
NINE TECHNOLOGY PILLARS OF INDUSTRY 4.0
The nine technology pillars of Industry 4.0 that are helping to transform the operational potential of the manufacturing sector are:
- Autonomous Robots
- Big data Analysis
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
- System Integration
- Augmented Reality
BENEFITS OF INDUSTRY 4.0
- Improve productivity, efficiency and quality. Production can be better and faster with cost-effective resource allocation and reduced downtime
- Increased flexibility and speed to market. Quick reaction to scale production up or down depending on customer’s needs
- Better customer experience. Ability to resolve problems faster and less product availability issues
- Increase profitability with higher quality, higher margin and/or innovative products
- Reduce cost with better use of resources, the overall operating costs can be reduced and less resource waste
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH INDUSTRY 4.0?
To help you move towards Industry 4.0 transformational change process, we provide an extensive scope of services and training including:
- Gap assessment on Industry 4.0 readiness
- Consultation on types of technology used that suit to the company requirement
- Improving the process using Industry 4.0 technology
- Towards lean production in Industry 4.0 training course
- Certified Industry 4.0 foundation course
For more information, please contact:
Certification and Business Enhancement
Tel: +603 7627 0080
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.