COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Testing for Environment & Employees
SGS now offers workplace COVID-19 testing for environment as well as for the employees.
In collaboration with local laboratory approved by Ministry of Health Malaysia (MoH), we test for virus detection for SARS-CoV-2, based on the Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) method, as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). This is the gold standard for COVID-19 test which will deliver results within 48 hours.
RT-PCR test detects 3 types of virus’s genetic materials: E gene RNA, RdRp gene RNA, and N gene RNA. If either of the 2 genes are detected, sample will be sent to the Institute for Medical Research (IMR) for confirmation as per MoH guidelines.
Swabbing for viruses can be performed on:
- Packaging – mitigate the risk of producing infected products through packaging
- Surfaces – the virus can stay viable on contaminated surfaces, such as door handles, for up to five days
- Manufacturing – the virus can be transmitted person-to-person and surface-to-person during production
- Employees – prevent disease transmission and subsequent outbreak
The service adds to our comprehensive COVID-19 Recovery Services for hygiene confirmation, environmental monitoring and safety assurance for the employees.
COVID-19 RECOVERY SERVICES
COVID-19 Safety Control
Allows you to resume operations with confidence and provides your clients with the assurance of an independent assessment, and an SGS audit certificate referencing the achievement of COVID-19 Safety Control program requirements.
Hygiene Monitoring Program
A global, independent, checklist-based audit system, specifically designed for businesses in the food service sector (including all restaurant operations, fast food outlets, supermarkets/convenience stores, catering units, etc.) who are focused on delivering measurable improvements in hygiene and food safety standards
Factory Restart Program
An independent, checklist-based audit system, specifically designed for food manufacturing/processing plants, looking for additional reassurance in the safety of their operation, post COVID-19 crisis
HACCP for Catering
Assesses the effectiveness of your HACCP implementation and maintenance enhanced with COVID-19 addendum, including risks relating to packaging, transport and delivery of food to the consumer.
Cleaning and Disinfection Verification & Monitoring
Specifically designed for all businesses (including airport, aircraft, fitness center, hospitals, manufacturing plants, shopping malls, theatre, hotels, restaurants etc), to evaluate the efficiency of cleaning and disinfection procedures ensuring strict standards of cleanliness are met in order to mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recover and re-open businesses with confidence, assured that hygiene systems meet the WHO and MOH guidelines
- Show a visual demonstration to consumers
- Includes specific sampling & testing regime that reinforces effective cleaning and disinfecting practices and validates the operation’s overall hygiene standard
- View audit data and trends in real time on a smart dashboard using SGS CATS (Customized Assessment Tracking System).
- Install a safer and controlled environment to help resume to full production
- Provide a safe workplace for the employee and prevent further virus transmission
For more information, please contact:
Agriculture, Food and Life
Tel: +603 7627 0080
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.