Transportation IRIS Certification
To sell products and services to international railway operators and companies, your organization will benefit hugely by achieving IRIS certification – the benchmark for rail quality management. If you are selling into Europe, this certification is mandatory.
The International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) is a common, global method for evaluating business management systems throughout the railway supply chain. It is based on ISO 9001 and tailored to the specific requirements of the international railway industry.
At SGS, our experienced auditors have the in-depth knowledge of your industry and its certification standards to guide your organization through the audit process to IRIS certification. Success leads to new markets and demonstrates your commitment to quality and safety.
The IRIS regulations and guidelines offer a high level of transparency for auditing railway suppliers. It applies to equipment and component suppliers to railway industry and has been mandatory for the rolling stock and signaling sectors since 2009. IRIS was developed by the Association of European Railway Industries (UNIFE).
IRIS certification requirements are an integral part of the management systems of participating companies and provide key benefits for:
- Improve quality among your various production sites
- Simplify the process of evaluating and approving suppliers
- Remove the need for own-approval audits
- Have access to accurate and reliable data from one common IRIS web database
- Enter and update your data on the IRIS platform
- Information of successful certification can be made available to all systems integrators and prospective clients
- Attain higher visibility in the industry
- Save time and money with a single application for certification (ISO 9001 and IRIS)
- Gain improvements across the entire supply chain, enhancing both railway equipment and rolling stock systems
We can help your organization to develop your railway quality management system, through assessment against the IRIS certification standard and improve performance with our audit, certification and training services.